A small store where you should be able to find most of your needs where it comes to food and basic household supplies.
A smaller version of it’s bigger brother in Bromma Blocks (See below). A slightly wider selection of foodstuffs than ICA (Above)
(Liquer store) In Sweden we have very strict licensing laws where it comes to the sale of alcohol which has an alcohol content over 3,5%. If you wish to purchase wine or spirit or even beer exceeding this percentage you will have to purchase it at a government controlled store “Systembolaget”. These outlets have very restrictive opening hours so it’s wise to check them before making a journey there to purchase anything. There is one situated in Ekerö centre and several on the way into the city. Alcohol which is 3.5% and below can be purchased at your local supermarket if you are over 18 years old.
Bromma Blocks is gallery of stores where you can find most of what you need from small DIY articles, sporting goods to clothing. It also houses one of the largest grocery stores in the area, coop.
Restaurants, cafés and Fast food on the islands:
- FÄRINGSÖ HEMBYGDSGÅRD
Färentuna Old farmhouse with manor house, wagon riders lodge, magazine (with exhibitions), fish farm, smithja, fish farm and church figures, 17th century village with small kitchen garden. Serving coffee and waffles. Open: Weekends in June-August, from 13-16. Phone: 08-560 430 94
- NEXT RESTAURANT & PIZZERIA STENHAMRA
Gatukök, pizza, salad. Phone: 08-560 462 09
- We also have three Pizzarias on our island to choose from all within 10 minutes drive that serve not just pizza but burgers and kebabs.
- ÄPPELFABRIKEN. This is our local press for cider, many people take there apples here to be pressed for a small fee, there is a very charming café and a small shop here that sells natural products which is open on the weekends.
- KÄRSÖ BROSTUGAN Kärsö Near Drottningholm in fantastic surroundings lies Brostugan, with 18-hole miniature golf course, canoe and rowing boat rentals. Phone: 08-759 03 01
- KARAMELLAN CAFÉ & RESTAURANG Drottningholm Originally a Swiss restaurant but now a café and restaurant with classic dishes. Even party room and groups. Open all year. Phone: 08-759 00 35
- BAGERI EKERÖ Ekerö center Bakery, cafe and shop. Lunches, stone-baked bread and pastries. Open monday-saturday. Phone: 08-560 353 60
- CANTINA BAR & KITCHEN Ekerö
Italian restaurant with wood-burning pizza. Open evenings! Phone: 08-560 360 11
- EKEBYHOVS SLOTT Ekerö
Courses and conferences. Lunches Monday-Friday. Rentals for parties and weddings. Weekend cafe spring and autumn. Phone: 08-124 572 00
- ENZO DELI & GELATO Ekerö
In Destination Ekerö’s premises on Ekerövägen 51, Enzo Deli & Gelato houses. Nice meeting for young and old! Lunches, sandwiches, pastries & self-made ice cream. See Facebook page for closer presentation. Phone 08-34 11 77
- OLD HOUSE STORE & CAFÉ Ekerö
Garden café and shop with craft products and second hand. Housed in Ekebyhov’s old schoolhouse on Åkerstigen 93. Open Monday-Saturday. Phone: 08-515 103 98
- JUNGFRUSUNDS CAFÉ Ekerö
NOTE! Due to the construction of housing at Jungfrusund, the café closed in April 2016 and will be closed for at least 2 years.
- LA CASA GIALO Ekerö
Also called the “Yellow House”. Pizzeria and today’s lunch. Open all year! Phone: 08-560 310 14LILLA VENEDIG Ekerö
Pizzeria in Ekerö center. Even today’s lunch. Phone: 08-560 356 50
- MATTIAS AT EKERÖ Fantholmen, Ekerö
Getting to Mattias should be an experience. It is the menus and seasons that control what is served. Welcome to a place of well-being. Phone: 073-331 12 55
- NO’S TASTE OF THAI Träkvista
Thai Food Truck which is on Träkvista Square Tuesday-Sunday at 16-20. Phone 0700-90 45 46
- RASTAHOLMS VÄRDSHUS Ekerö
Welcome to Rastaholms Värdshus, which is beautifully situated on a private island with sunset outside the window. Hostel with 80 beds. Guest harbor. For more information call phone: 08-560 230 70
- RASTA SJÖKROG Ekerö
Rasta sjökrog, Sweden’s smallest sea trout opens in May 2018. It is beautifully situated on a private island with sunset. Guest harbor. For more information call phone: 073-770 78 30
- RESTAURANG JUNGFRUSUND Ekerö
Sjökrog and guest harbor. Today’s lunch and à la carte. Possibility of a smaller conference. Open all year. Phone: 08-560 350 00
- THAI WOK & SUSHI Ekerö
Ekeröwoken in the center. Open everyone there until 21:00. Phone: 08-560 307 88.
- TRÄKVISTA PIZZABUTIK & GRILLBAR Ekerö
Open every day! Call for pickup, phone: 08-560 306 74, 08-560 318 84.
- TRÄKVISTA SUSHI Träkvista
Even today’s right! Open all days until 21.00. Phone: 08-685 65 88
- THE WARMING GARDEN’S KITCHEN & BAR Träkvista, Ekerö
Restaurant and pizzeria. Today’s lunch. Phone: 08-560 301 83, 08-560 315 89.